tomboy's cozy little space

a little piece of me, and the devil within. ps: check archives for stuff, no article is too old to read :)

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dont lie and moody music

Don’t Lie (28 September 2006)

Don’t lie
If you will just pass by
Just do it
I won’t cry

Don’t lie
If you’ll drop me after lifting me high
Just do it
I won’t ask why

Don’t lie
If you’ll abandon me and leave me to die
Just do it
I’ll say goodbye

But, promise me, I beg you
That you won’t betray it all
With a lie

--------------------------------------------------------

I know that most of the poems I compose these days during my free lessons (or the boring lessons at times) are all miserable, but I think the majority of my poems are depressing in all cases. Actually I express my sorrow, worries and anxiety through poetry, at times I cry while writing (its pathetic I know) but I do get emotionally dejected while writing.
It doesn’t matter though, I do get great relief every time I complete a poem, and I get back to my blissful mood.
This week has been sort of depressing for me, it was sort of dim for me, although I didn’t react much to it and tried to move along normally. Music has – in one way or the other- played a role in controlling my moods (which was mostly in dream mode). This week’s songs that play in my head:


Sunday Morning by Maroon 5: it is a beautiful song I have to say, and it is actually a very moning-ish song, I always catch myself smiling softly to myself every time that song plays


You’re Beautiful by James Blunt: this song has a special power, I mean how many people I have only seen ONCE and wished to see again, some of them really deserve a song


Schism by Tool: this song is pure genius, wish I heard it before, before a few friends advised me to do so, the words, the tune, everything in it is so inspiring. I think I heard it before but I haven’t noticed. “cold silence has the tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion between supposed lovers”


Sexy back by Justin Timberlake: ok, no emotions there, but its fun to sing, and see the guys around you go mental.


Stoned in love by Tom Jones: ok, this song basically makes me cry at times, or I would just sing along sadly, I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it.

Sigh, it’s the weekend ladies and gents, I hope you all enjoy it. Goodnight and good luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Azarakhsh said…

    Ahh schism... nows THATS what i call powerfully lyrical. You know whats awesome about the song? The broken drumbeat and rhythm match the words so beautifully. Have you seen the video??

    oh.. heres a *hug* . ihope you feel better 7abibti!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home